|Job Title: ||Next Adventure Kayak School Programs Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Action, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Events
Management - Sales
Retail - Management
The Position: Next Adventure Kayak School Programs Manager
Next Adventure Kayak School
Full Time, Exempt
General Description of Position
The Next Adventure Kayak School Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of Paddlesports programming. This position develops the course curriculum and schedule, leads staff training, manages class sales and develops relationships with potential community and social partner organizations. The ideal candidate for this position will be a motivated, upbeat, people person who is dedicated to creating new kayakers through showing how approachable, fun and rewarding the sport can be.
The Kayak School Manager reports directly to the Paddlesports Center Director. This position supervises 6-12 guides seasonally.
- Training and experience
- Proven experience with 2-5 years managing and growing a kayak/outdoor education program with 2000+ Clients/year.
- Minimum of 5 years personal paddling experience.
- Minimum of ACA Level 4 Open Coastal Kayak or Level 4 Whitewater certification. Ideal candidate must be ready to begin certification, if not certified already as an Instructor Trainer. Open to candidates with equivalent BCU certification.
- Minimum CPR/First Aid certification, Wilderness First Responder preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Technical competencies
- Ability to create, develop and implement best in class paddlesports programming.
- Vigilant awareness of customer and employee safety.
- Demonstrated excellence in leadership in an educational setting.
- Technology savvy, capable of presenting company message across traditional and social media channels.
- Organizational and social skills
- Must b
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years
Direct Phone: 503.233.0706 ext 2