The Position: Materials Manager
The Materials Manager will drive commercialization of the product line from initial textile concept to final specifications for salesmen sample production and final bulk production; executing inline fabrics to be in compliance with timelines, quality, price and functionality.
• Oversee the textile development for Apparel, Tech Apparel and Bag categories.
• Update and maintain the textile database and spec sheets.
• Execute lab dip approval process for all fabrics; Solids, Yarn Dye and Print fabrics.
• Order and manage all raw materials necessary for garment production.
• Timeline Execution and Team Collaboration.
• Work with all mill partners to track developments, deliveries and meet timelines.
• Work closely with the Development team to prioritize and execute on given specific projects.
• Review seasonal mill collections to find the best fabrications suited for each product category
• Collaborate with creative and product on fabric pre-concept stage; put specific developments into work to enhance the line.
• Inform creative about fabric, color, and print trends.
• Organize and present all fabrics for all rider round tables and sales meetings.
• Outline all fabric developments, outstanding issues and address any problems with product and creative teams.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of quality and color approval tracking chart being aware of deadlines for meetings and production including all deliverables for sales sample and bulk production “buy ready”.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in textile science, business management, industrial design or fashion design plus have a minimum of 5 years of fabric development experience. Must have a strong understanding of textiles and product life cycle, preferably in the action sports business.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years