The Position: Technical Designer
baggallini, the growing handbag, tote bag and travel accessory marketer with a reputation for products that offer a perfect blend of fashion and functionality has an immediate opening at its suburban Portland, OR offices for a Technical Designer.
The experienced design professional filling this critical role will report to and collaborate with our Designer-Line Builder in the development of bags that are incredibly organized and instantly desired by women who crave a well-ordered life, the freedom it enables and the beauty it creates.
Specific duties for the Technical Designer will include:
- Collaborating with the Designer-Line Builder on a variety of projects including but not limited to: producing colorized art, including color palettes, textures, embellishments, pattern repeats, illustrations and line drawings etc.
- Ensuring each assignment is appropriately prioritized and completed accurately and on time.
- Working within assigned strict timelines and calendars.
- Collecting, inputting and verifying data for product tracking and specifications.
- Creating and manipulating print art.
- Measuring and performing quality control checks on bags.
- Ensuring the Design Room is set up correctly and is organized at all times.
The successful candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in Design, a related field or equivalent experience; 5-to-7 years of applicable experience in Creative or Technical Design; fluency in Illustrator and Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and proficiency in Photoshop; exceptional organizational and project management skills that will allow timely completion of multiple, simultaneous projects; excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all organizational levels; and a working knowledge of fabrics, and product construction extremely beneficial.
If you are a self-motivated, independent worker with ability to perform at a high level from limited direction; have the capability to work in a fast paced environment and change direction on a moment’s notice; and work well in a cross-functional and team-based environment, this may be the opportunity you’ve been seeking.
baggallini is a subsidiary of R.G. Barry Corporation, a leading developer and marketer of accessories brands and products that offer fashion and function for a great life. R.G. Barry operates in an exhilarating, high-performing team environment that is also casual and fun. If you are looking for a career challenge with a growing organization that strives for excellence in all things; encourages creative thinking and intelligent risk taking; cares about and is involved in the community; and acts only with the highest of ethical standards, we’re waiting to hear from you.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years