The Position: Merchandise Manager, Bike Hardgoods
Merchandise Manager, Bike Hardgoods: Full-Time, Year-Round. Specialty Sports Venture (SSV).
Vail Resorts' retail and rental operations are conducted through Specialty Sports Venture (SSV), a majority owned subsidiary. SSV operates over 160 year-round and seasonal stores under 40 + retail brand names specializing in ski, bike, golf and fly fishing products and gear. We operate in world-class locations such as Aspen, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Telluride, Park City, Vail, Lake Tahoe, Denver’s Front Range and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Job Summary: To fulfill assigned buying functions by being responsive to all store & e-commerce needs. To generate business through year round, seasonal and promotional buys in an effort to maximize sales and profits in your categories. Coordinate with Regional Buyers and DMMs multi-layered market communications on general product mixes, product strategies, merchandising and marketing efforts across all stores.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Purchase bike hard and softgoods for multiple locations including brick and mortar and e-commerce
- Effectively manage sales, margin, and turns
- Evaluate sales trends, and create methods for sales growth
- Coordinate efforts, direction of market-based merchandisers
- Liaison with marketing manager on marketing efforts, product selection, merchandising, etc.
- Comply with budgets and OTBs
- Allocate time in stores to review merchandising, receive feedback, and become familiar with the customer
- Provide product layout and visual merchandising assistance to all locations
- Remain current on industry trends/products
- Manage and correct any warehouse problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrate strong analytical & financial skills
- Exhibit organizational and time management skills
- Travel to store, warehouse & e-commerce locations
- Travel to trade shows, as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4 years of retail bike buying/merchandising experience, for multiple locations and/or e-commerce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; strong Excel skills
- Familiar with inventory reporting
- Familiarity with merchandising/buying programs
- Retail background
- Ability to travel
- Communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English
- High School degree
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- College degree, strongly preferred
- Familiarity with JDA MMS
- Experience with AS400 system
- Outdoor industry / cycling experience
As a Vail Resorts employee you get way more than a paycheck or even a ski pass. Our Total Rewards program gives employees access to some of the world’s most beautiful playgrounds and luxurious properties—and the goods to enjoy each of them to their fullest potential.
Some of the benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Free ski pass to our world-class resorts
- Employee discounts at our retail stores
- Excellent training and professional development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)