The Position: AZ Operations Manager
The Operations Manager has end-to-end responsibility for making sure that all required tasks are fully executed for each individual event assigned to him or her. These events will consist of all Triathlons by Lifetime Fitness in the Arizona Area as well as other Mountain Bike and Running events. A list of responsibility is seen below:
· Execute Special Event Applications with the appropriate governing bodies. TO include but not limited to the host City, DPS, ADOT, USFS, SRP City Police, Medical, etc.
· Create and confirm Course Maps
· Attend and execute Task Force Meetings with the appropriate cities
· Organize and hire race day weekend Staff for the appropriate courses and all other needs to produce the race.
· Maintain equipment and vehicles
· Facilitate equipment loading for the race
· Create Staff Timelines, Contact list and Staff packets in advance of race week
· Coordinate needs with and work closely with the timer in order to have a successfully timed event
· Obtain multiple quotes when reaching out for outside contractors. To include but not limited to, waste management, sanitation services, barricade rentals, security rentals, event lighting, barricade rentals (crowd control fencing), event ice, etc.
· Work closely with swim course director to ensure that kayaks and or boats are reserved for the event
· Facilitate Traffic Control with Barricade Companies
· Build event athlete guide
· Organize USAT officials and line-up the necessary motorcycles
· Work closely with the City to create an emergency medical plan. May include an outside contract company
· Facilitate staff and contractor pay roll
The Operations Managers responsibilities above are needed to carry out an event but are not limited to the items above. One needs to be fully flexible in working with the Arizona Office and in ensuring that all tasks are taken care of prior to, during and post race. Operations Manager may be used across the Life Time Fitness family in helping with other events (Travel may be required).
Job Location: Tempe, AZ
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years