|Job Title: ||Sr. Business Process Tools Analyst
|Industry Sector: ||Other, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Operations
The Position: Sr. Business Process Tools Analyst
We have a reputation
At Columbia Sportswear, we’re known for our innovation, quality and value. Last time we checked, you didn’t get that kind of reputation without the right people making it happen. That’s where you come into the picture.
Facilitate & support end-to-end Account Operations, Regional Demand Planning, and Global Supply Planning and Buying processes, systems, reporting and analytics. Applies thorough knowledge of end to end process needs and knowledge of systems technology tools (Logility, Cognos, Microsoft reporting tools, etc.) to collaborate, facilitate and design improvements for computer based systems, tools and business processes while ensuring that all concerns and ramifications are considered globally and cross-functionally before implementation/distribution.
- Work with business partners in Account Operations, Regional Demand Planning and Global Supply and Buying to analyzing structure, processes, systems and tools to recommend changes to improve end to end Supply Chain operations. This includes gathering information and identifying their needs in reviewing existing procedures, and developing recommendations for new ones.
- Work on assigned projects to identify and resolve system conflicts and problems. Develop and maintain new procedures that promote interdepartmental communication and efficiency. Gather input and output requirements from business partners and develops systems requirements and tools.
- Gather functional requirements of Planning and Operations teams and leads technical solutions with IT teams develop the most effective solution and/or tools. Partner with SCT/SAP BPO’s to stay connected on new tools, processes and training for new solutions as part of greater Columbia SAP implementation.
- Take and develop approved requests from Planning and Account Operations teams to create automated and systematic reports and procedures. Assist in determining most effective use of Columbia resources – time, cost and people. Ensure internal controls are in place to create appropriate visibility and management throughout the process
- Be the point person for new reporting system usage (SAP, Cognos, Logility, BW, etc.). Provide requirements as defined by Account Operations and Planning teams. Prepare, modifie, and distribute documentation to end users for reference and training purposes when necessary.
- Often assigned as project lead or project manager for key Account Operations and Planning initiatives and will direct the work flow of the rest of team. Pull necessary data, statistics and analysis to drive behavior changes and cost reducing decisions. Partner with cross-functional leaders to capture business processes, system needs and overall consensus on new direction. .
- Responsible for the creation and management of all key Buy/Delivery Management reporting analytics.
- Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
- Advanced knowledge of systems, business process, and general business principles in an office environment;
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills; Ability to understand and translate moderately technical concepts verbally and in writing;
- Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; using of functions such as sumif, vlookup, etc.
- Experience using Microsoft Access, including running pre-formatted reports and creating simple queries;
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge to provide creative solutions to problems
- The ability to collaborate and influence others; Excellent team skills and techniques to lead projects from inception through successful implementation; Ability to create and implement sound business solutions and provide leadership to a diverse group of business partners. Proactive and assertive in follow-through with colleagues and business partners;
- Use exceptional time management skills to accomplish challenging objectives and manage a heavy workload; Ability to prioritize tasks and respond to urgent requests/inquiries with minimal supervisory involvement;The ability to cope with conflicting constraints.
- Advanced technical abilities which may include programming, debugging and/or code review along with a demonstrated ability to translate technical concepts and conduct complex interpersonal interactions often involving moderately to highly complex or technical topics.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business, Supply Chain Operations or Information Systems preferred; MBA beneficial
- 5-8 years of professional experience and mastery of relevant technical or business skills required to accomplish the job
- Advanced knowledge within Supply Chain Management and related areas; Capability to apply specialized knowledge of industry standards/practices to projects and initiatives