The Position: Outdoor Lifestyle PR Associate
BUFFALO COMMUNICATIONS – the global sports and leisure lifestyle firm specializing in public relations, branding, marketing communications and creative services – is seeking a PUBLIC RELATIONS ASSOCIATE with a communications background and a major passion for the outdoors.
Based at company headquarters in Tysons Corner, VA (just outside Washington, DC), this position is perfect for a career-oriented professional who works hard each week but heads to the mountains or water at every opportunity.
While telecommuting is not an option, an unflagging desire to hike, climb, kayak, trek, camp or travel is required.
Demonstrated experience and connections in the outdoor industry are a significant plus.
Our 13-year-old agency is dynamic and growing rapidly. We pride ourselves on a friendly, creative team environment ideal for hard-working, highly-organized and skilled PR professionals. Substantial room for advancement exists for high-performing individuals.
- Four-year college degree
- One-to-three years direct experience in PR or a closely related field
- Proven phone and e-mail media pitching abilities
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills
- Ability to be adaptable while juggling/meeting the needs of clients and media
- Proficient with MS Office and Photoshop
Work with senior management and other team members to:
- Assist with implementation of PR plans
- Pitch media via phone and e-mail
- Secure high-profile, revenue-enhancing publicity for clients
- Craft and distribute news releases
- Forward client publicity
- Prepare client reports
- Research media lists
- Help plan and execute client social media programs
- Participate in other public relations and client management functions
The compensation packages for this position includes: competitive base salary; Health/Dental/Vision insurance; 401(k) participation; FSA; STD/LTD insurance, vacation, sick time and holiday time. Golf privileges are also available via Buffalo Communications’ parent company, Billy Casper Golf.
How to Apply
Please send applications/resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those with cover letter and salary history will be accepted.
No phone calls, please.
For Additional Information
Visit www.buffalocommunications.com or www.billycaspergolf.com.
Buffalo Communications, a division of Billy Casper Golf, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages members of minority groups and women to apply.
Job Location: Vienna, VA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: 50+ miles
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: None
Contact Name: Tom Williams