The Position: Seasonal Guest Services Consultant
Backroads, the world’s #1 active travel company, develops and runs first-class bicycling, walking and multisport vacations around the world. Our mission is to provide total guest satisfaction and superior results in all we do.
Day one. Step into the Backroads offices. You’ll be greeted by a creative, guest-focused, fun, and fast-paced atmosphere. Working here, you’ll be on a team of bright and motivated individuals who share a common aim— to treat our guests to a totally unforgettable experience in a style of travel that is unparalleled in the travel industry.
So what makes us Backroads? Many wonderfully unique things, including:
• Our open work environment
• We work hard and play hard
• Company-organized outings, including annual staff rides, events and volunteer days
• Great travel and gear perks
• Vibrant startup atmosphere, yet the stability of being part of a profitable 34-year old company
• Opportunities to grow
• A diverse and all-inclusive culture
We are currently seeking seasonal employees for our Guest Services Consultant position. The ideal candidate is a highly professional person who will be working with our guests and guides to provide them with an exceptionally high level of service on the phone and email to ensure that every guest has the best experience on their trip.
Ideal candidates will have:
• 2+ years of successful customer service or sales support
• Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
• Excellent listening skills
• High level of initiative
• Superb sense of detail
• Can work effectively in a fast paced work environment
• Can juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Organizational and computer skills
• Value and embody integrity, teamwork, empowerment, and sense of ownership
• Domestic and international travel experience desirable
• Must be willing to work occasional weekends
• Ability to lift 30 pounds
This position is seasonal, full-time through August or September 2013.
TO APPLY: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Seasonal GSC-OIJ” in the subject line of your email or by fax to 510-292-2793, Attn: HR/GSC-OIJ. Please include your travel experience in your resume. Visit us at www.backroads.com.
Job Location: Berkeley, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Seasonal
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years