|Job Title: ||The North Face: Product Developer (Sportswear)
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Design - Apparel
Production - Apparel
| Contact Information
Company Phone: 510-814-7600
The Position: The North Face: Product Developer (Sportswear)
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibilities of the Product Developer are to contribute to the development, engineering, and specification processes of innovative and technologically advanced products that meet the needs of the Company’s customers and end users. The Sr. Product Developer is responsible for engineering the highest level of innovative and quality products and executing to the product development timeline in conjunction with the timelines of the Company’s business strategies. They work to develop products which meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets and communicate the specifications and product details to the Sourcing organization and Suppliers. This is a full time, exempt level role.
1. Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned.
2. Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products to ensure a timely completion following the predetermined product development calendar.
3. Ensures both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities.
4. Develops products, recommends materials, and construction techniques that meet Design expectations and meet or exceed predetermined gross margin targets.
5. Ensures execution of fit intent and fit consistency through clear analysis, documentation, communication, adherence to fit standards, and use of block patterns.
6. Creates the specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
7. Partners with Product and Material Sourcing and manufacturers to develop new materials, construction techniques, processes, and samples used to create innovative and technically superior products each season.
8. Interacts with Product Director, Product Manager, Design, Marketing, Sales, and Quality Assurance to distribute product technical details and assure the accuracy, legality, and integrity of all product performance claims.
9. Performs these and other duties as assigned.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5+ years.
3+ years experience in Technical Design/Product Development in a medium or large size company, preferably in the outdoor industry. Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or Manufacturing; or Degree or Certification in Apparel Design, construction, and/or pattern making; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Able to lead a fitting or meeting with optional supervision
Able to independently manage product of moderate to high complexity
Demonstrates a solid knowledge of fit, pattern making, and construction expertise, and knowledge of manufacturing processes
Demonstrates a solid knowledge of product category, product materials, and product development lifecycle
Demonstrates great interpersonal skills, including the ability to create trust with cross functional teams
Participates in special projects, process or calendar optimization with supervision
Able to resolve conflict with coaching
Able to proactively troubleshoot and proposes solutions to problems with moderate complexity
Demonstrates clear and accurate verbal and written communication
Participates in goal setting. Drives results to achieve goals
Demonstrates strong organizational skills
Demonstrates proficient computer skills in MS Office software, Adobe
Illustrator, and Specification Management programs. Knowledge of pattern making systems a plus
Deadline driven with a track record for delivering great results on time
Some overseas travel required
Job Location: Alameda, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/tnfexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=THE001H6