The Position: Category Manager - Outerwear/Waders
Category Manager – Outerwear/Waders
The category manager will provide strategic global product marketing, product planning, product leadership and category management from a marketing, business, and product perspective for the Outerwear and Wader categories. The category manager must provide futuristic insight “over the horizon”, into the needs of the consumer and be able to translate those to the product team, other departments within the company, and through the final execution of the product.
· Manage the financial performance of the O/W categories in support of department and company goals
· Manage the O/W category product development timelines in conjunction with product development team
· Manage the merchandising plan and design briefing process
· Collaborate with internal/outside designers to meet the objectives of design briefs.
· Develop and manage factory relationships for O/W product line categories.
· Oversee and collaborate with product developers on the development of bills of materials and specifications to production.
· Manage color merchandising process and materials specifications.
· Coordinate with Marketing on packaging elements and spec packages.
· Manage fit and field test process for assigned categories.
· Collaborate with factories to ensure smooth transition of new products into production.
· Strategic Thinking & Vision
· Proven track record in bringing new innovated and creative ideas to market
· Maintains high personal standards
· Strong analytical, detail-orientation, communication and persuasion skills
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
Experience: Bachelor’s Degree, MBA helpful, and a minimum of 6 year’s experience with product planning, positioning, product marketing and a strong knowledge of design and development process within the fishing or outdoor industry or related consumer product industry. Strong product sense and creative ability, and knowledge of industry trends, competitors, and overall industry/culture influences.
Job Location: Bozeman, MT
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years