When you look good, you feel good. And when you feel good, you go the extra mile. So at lucy, using a mix of high-tech fabrics, precise fit and a stylist's eye, we create gear with the design, color and feminine details that can only be found in our stores. It's fashion forward performance apparel that inspires athletic women.
Headquartered in Alameda, California, lucy has charted an unconventional path to success. Debuting in 1999 as a strictly online retail store, the company shifted its focus to a bricks-and-mortar retail chain in 2001. Today, the company operates as both an online retail store and a chain of more than 60 stores across the United States. In 2007, lucy was acquired by VF Corporation (vfc.com), a global leader in lifestyle branded apparel with a diverse portfolio of brands such as Vans, The North Face and 7 for all Mankind.
Why Work at lucy?
lucy isn't just another corporation - rather, we're an energetic community that thrives on teamwork and open and honest communication. Our fun, vital culture is all about enthusiasm. Together, we strive toward our goal of inspiring athletic women through fashion forward performance apparel.
We believe in:
Performance & fashion
Innovation & style
Working out... and loving it.
lucy inspires performance™
The primary responsibilities of the Retail Operations Manager are to manage and oversee retail operations by analyzing, facilitating, coordinating, and planning operational issues for the Retail Group. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Serve as the liaison between retail stores and lucy Corporate. Responsible for all communication to field and funneling communication from internal departments to the field.
2. Execute company initiatives and strategy at the retail level.
3. Develop selling and operational training programs for chain. Manage and improve training tools as needs of business change.
4. Coordinates the installation of store support services and systems such as music, alarm, fire, security, etc.
5. Manages the Store Standards Review process, recommending and implementing policy changes as necessary. Lead respondant to VF internal Audits
6. Manages the store operations manual and recommend policy and procedure updates.
7. Oversee daily retail operations: including store maintenance, inventory, logistics and loss prevention.
8. Develop the use of the analytical tools to improve store metrics. 9. Works with the IT department to manage the POS and other Retail-related information systems.
10. Works with visual merchandising and contractors to acquire fixtures and materials for projects.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-7.
BA/BS degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Progressively responsible management experience in retail stores, operations, or finance.
Proficient in Excel and MS Office products.
Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent management, analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
Previous experience in multiple-store operational and fiscal management.
Ability to manage competing concerns through strong decision-making and partnering skills.
Travel required 35% of the time.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/lucyexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=LUC000UC