|Job Title: ||The North Face: Retail Planner
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Accounting
Retail - Management
| Contact Information
Company Phone: 510-814-7600
The Position: The North Face: Retail Planner
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibilities of the Retail Planner are to develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments.
1. Develop, execute and communicate strategic merchandise financial plans and strategies that support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives of one or more departments.
2. Drive financial results that maximize sales, inventory and bottom line profitability. Manage the financial success of several departments by meeting sales, gross margin, and inventory turn goals.
3. Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by department and class. Collaborate with merchandising to develop and communicate a comprehensive strategy that aligns future financial and product opportunities by department.
4. Create pre-season sales, and gross margin plans by department that support product strategies. Reconcile top-down to bottom-up department plans.
5. Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan, and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis. Work with Planning Mgr. to create open to buy forecasts, re-forecast sales and manage inventory for all basic styles to meet department financial.
6. Recap and communicate location and size selling performance.
7. Analyze sales trendsand inventory levels as they realte to static and dynamic levels within the replenishment system. Work with designated Retail Allocator to ensure appropriate levels of inventory to meet in stock targets.
8. Work with cross functional team to ensure timely and accurate execution of new store openings.
9. Develop knowledge of geographic and store-attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field communication.
10. Collaborate with cross-functional team on basic replenishment styles to drive inventory requirements to meet in-stock targets.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5.
2 years retail experience desired, 2 years work experience in an analytical field desired. Bachelor's degree desired.
Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
Demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
Possesses an ability to understand financial measurements and how to impact them.
Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
Job Location: Alameda, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/tnfexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=THE001CS