|Job Title: ||Quality Assurance Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Operations
| Contact Information
Address: 2000 S. McDowell, Ste. 200
Petaluma, CA 94954
Company Phone: 707-792-9700
The Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: Sr. Manager Testing, Quality, & Sustainability
Location: Petaluma, CA
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for setting, implementing, and insuring global quality standards are met for all CamelBak Products. This position drives results by defining, developing, executing and monitoring product quality plans throughout the company and supply chain to prevent, detect, and contain defects. This associate will work both collaboratively and independently using direct and indirect forms of management.
- Responsible for defining, documenting, training, executing and improving the Product Quality System in alignment with ISO 9001:2008 standards. Including, but not limited to:
- Quality Specifications & Plans
- PFMEA & Product Safety
- Production Testing & Inspection Protocols & Results
- Non-Conforming Material Management
- Supplier Quality & GMP
- Lot Control & Product Traceability
- Closed loop Corrective and Preventive Action
- Collaborate with Engineering/Developers during development to align qualification testing plans with production testing plans. Including DFMEA development, product specification details, and reliability testing.
- Provide direction to QA staff throughout the CamelBak operation (Mexico, Philippines, factory specific resources).
- Supervise QA and supplier staff in carrying out tests and inspections, ensuring effective methodologies for detecting and containing defects.
- Manage non-conforming material’s review board (MRB) system. Including disposition and action for incoming materials, WIP, inventory, and product in the field.
- Support operations management in assessing material and process defects in support of Continuous Improvement
- Define, collect, and/or complete metric reports related to product quality, supplier performance, and process proficiency. Conduct management reviews to assess and take action accordingly.
- Collaboration with the Warranty Team to track field failures/customer returns by product and type. Facilitate cross functional team reviews to incorporate improvements into production and other applicable products
- Provide periodic formal reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and opportunities for improvement
- Where customer requirements / contracts drive the product design and delivery obligations; ensure requirements are understood and actions are carried out to deliver high quality results
- Lead special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in Engineering with 2 years Quality Assurance or Quality Management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance practices and processes with experience in measuring, testing, inspection, auditing and closed loop corrective action programs
- Experience with high volume consumer products manufacturing
- Knowledge of cutting and sewing and/or experience with sewing factories
- Experience partnering with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, and Project
- Excellent problem recognition and collaboration skills for resolution
- Strong interpersonal skills including team leadership, written, verbal and teaching skills