The Position: Assistant Product Manager (Level II-III) Rec Pac
Department: Product Management
Reports to: Global Category Manager
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
This position plays a key support role in the continued development and growth of CamelBak’s Rec Pack and Accessory Hydration Category, with a primary focus on our Bike and Outdoor Market pack product lines, by providing ideation, development, and execution support to the Global Category Manager. Key responsibilities include managing designated product collections in support of the Global Category Manager and helping to drive the creation and execution of world class product.
· Provides leadership in the ideation, creation, development, introduction and in-market success of assigned product collections under the guidance of the Global Category Manager.
· Assists in delivering a Rec product line that is designed, developed and manufactured to meet product requirements, market needs, margin goals, and calendar timelines.
· Participates on cross-functional teams to develop and define product strategies that are responsive to consumer needs and market opportunities.
· Analyzes trends of the bike, outdoor and/or other designated markets to make recommendations of product strategy adds/drops on an appropriate seasonal/annual calendar.
· Prioritizes product feature sets based on target margin goals, extensive end-user feedback & competitive set evaluation.
· Develops color strategies to create a cohesive and merchandisable product line.
· Maintains positive and open lines of communication with all CamelBak management, staff and other departments in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization
· Develops & maintains relationship with key influencers and domestic and international sales teams via field visits, interviews, trade shows, and account calls, etc.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining product plans and product line lists.
· Assists in strategic segment plans to align with corporate objectives
· Assists in determining pricing strategy to support financial goals
· Administrates the commercialization process and documentation by working closely with cross functional teams that include, but is not limited to, Operations, Sourcing, Marketing and Sales for relevant categories
· Collaborates with marketing and operations teams on the creation and accuracy of sales collateral and packaging.
· Collaborates with marketing on defining and executing the optimum product positioning for all product collections and products. (naming, branding and messaging)
· Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to integrate & deliver trade show & point-of-purchase programs that demonstrate brand position, technology leadership and product superiority.
· Generates and maintains new model spec
Job Location: Petaluma, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years