|Job Title: ||Sales Representative II
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Sales - Company Rep
The Position: Sales Representative II
|Reporting directly to the Director of N. American Sales and Sales managers, the Sales Representative is responsible for in territory sales, sales education to retailers and consumers, sales analysis and business direction, product demos of all company products and operating in manner that aligns with Black Diamond Equipment Ltd. brand, image, values and culture. Extensive travel and ability to work remotely is required. Looking for Sales Representatives in the following areas:|
Pacific North West
1. Responsible for meeting territorial sales goals and administering pre-season programs and other special sales programs within individual territory.
2. Responsible for communicating regularly with main office through phone calls, E-mail, and monthly reports.
3. Authorized and responsible for conducting store clinics and demonstrations to instruct and inform dealers on product knowledge and sales techniques as well as develop and attend retail consumer events.
4. Responsible for attending research and development prototype reviews and sales meetings to provide Black Diamond employees with territory-related analysis and insight of product sales trends.
5. Responsible for assisting Director or Sales Managers with projecting sales volume for both spring and fall seasons, and for specific products and product lines.
6. Responsible for developing and maintaining a dynamic distribution network within their specific territory. This includes responsibility for reporting and presenting analysis and ideas for territory growth to the Sales Managers for final review and implementation on a seasonal basis.
7. Responsible for coordinating with credit manager to manage slow paying accounts by pro-actively analyzing accounts and territory from a credit trouble-shooting standpoint, and for overseeing & managing the account opening, collection and closing process for all dealers in the territory.
8. Responsible to develop, track and manage a territory expense budget (including sample inventory & demo gear) under the direction of the Sales Managers, and in conjunction with BD strategic goals for both the territory & the company.
9. Responsible for coordinating and developing a working partnership with other BD Reps working in the territory.
10. Authorized and responsible to both train & mentor Sales Reps, Tech Reps, and other BD sales staff, as directed by Sales Manager.
11. Responsible for actively participating in the sports related to company products and maintain working knowledge of company products with a solid reputation in the community.
12. Authorized and responsible to perform all duties in accordance with all policies and procedures for BD Quality and Safety.
|Education Required: Bachelor's degree, any discipline|
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Business
Work Experience Required: Over 3 years of in territory sales experience as a tech or sub rep managing sales of at least 2m. Proven track record relative to successful account relationships, product knowledge and solid reputation in the community.
Preferred: 1-3 years experience working in outdoor industry wholesale sales. 1-3 additional experience working the sales floor in the outdoor industry.
|Skills and General Experience:|
|• Extensive experience as a climber and or skier is required as in an in depth knowledge of the outdoor industry. |
• Proven ability to develop and implement sales strategies that support sales objectives.
• Strong analytical and business background to develop territory wide and dealer by dealer sales strategies.
• Proven ability to work well with a wide range of direct and in-direct reports, buyers, shop employees and consumers.
• Excellent verbal and public speaking skills.
• Excellent business writing skills.
• Strong sales and presentation skill set.
• Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, Power point, e-mail and the ability to use technology as related to work.
• Must reside within the territory.
Alternative qualification: An additional 3 years of Retail/Wholesale experience in the Outdoor Industry at a greater level of responsibility such as multi-store and/or staff management; independent level of selling (repping); fundraising or marketing for a total of 10 years experience may substitute for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Required licenses: Valid Driver's license and clean driving record; passport
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: http://careers.blackdiamondequipment.com/blackdiamondcareers/?adata=0EDdHuiKblUFqBup4ttlNpLX68WAG7UidP7b5p9w8r9%2bFyXqpby4seg52O54HlA90mYoBkqABPC84qy0DXhh%2fQ%3d%3d