The Position: Apparel Technical Designer
APPAREL TECHNICAL DESIGNER
We are Eastern Mountain Sports®, a passionate outdoor brand and outfitter. We outfit people with the gear and confidence they need to venture into the world, no matter how large or small the journey may be.
What you need to be successful in this position:
- Experience with or exposure to product development processes in a retail, wholesale or catalog business.
- Personal experience with similar and related product.
- Demonstrated ability to grasp and apply both general and abstract concepts of technical designing and construction as well as ability to interpret product direction in order to develop factory ready specifications.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including listening and offering professional opinions and exceptional partnering skills.
- Educational degree or equivalent work experience in: textiles and product construction; technical design; grading and pattern making; manufacturing and production.
- Technical Apparel experience required
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer-aided drawing software application, Windows and Microsoft Office. Proficiency with Gerber PDM or similar application preferred.
- Ability to travel and conduct business internationally.
- The Technical Designer engineers the Apparel Designer’s concepts into production-ready specifications that result in great fitting and performing products.
- Understand principles of product performance, fit, construction, raw materials and how to use them as well as contribute to improving product performance.
- Schedule and perform regular fit and product review sessions.
- Ensure quality and delivery expectations by following the corporate calendar; ensure that dates are met to guarantee product production cycles.
- Conduct top of production inspections as needed.
- Initiate and approve all prototypes and pre-production samples.
Please apply online through the Career Opportunities section on www.ems.com.
We aspire to be the best place to work in the outdoor industry. We are a community that believes the strength of each individual employee is what provides the company with a sustainable future and an authentic brand. We maintain a fun work environment without ever losing focus on tasks at hand. Here, our work facilitates our passion.
Our terrific benefits package includes: Medical, Dental & Vision Health; Disability Insurance; 401K Savings Plan; Paid Time Off Pay; Associate Discounts; Adventure Leave; One Annual Volunteer Days; Pro-Deals; Free Climbing Lessons and Free Equipment Rental.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years