|Job Title: ||Adventure Travel Guide
|Industry Sector: ||Bike, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Customer Service
The Position: Adventure Travel Guide
Backroads leads award-winning biking, hiking and multi-sport trips worldwide. We exist to treat our guests to a style of travel that is unparalleled in the travel industry. The foundation of our extraordinary guest experience is legendary service—and we go so far as to guarantee the quality of our trips. This is where YOU come in. Fulfilling this commitment is not an easy job, and it's not for everyone. It may be for you, however, if you can share our passion for this unique mode of travel and the quality of experience for each Backroads guest. Both the challenges, and the rewards, are abundant.
Do you have "the right stuff" to be a Backroads leader? Although leaders enrich each trip with unique personality, they share certain critical qualities as well. Our goal is to accommodate guests' individual needs and desires for their vacations in a personal and flexible manner.
The following list of qualifications serves as our guide as we search for exceptional Trip Leader candidates. You'll see that we have very high expectations of our leaders - so do our guests! Being a world-class Trip Leader requires a rare combination of talents. Do your skills, experiences and aptitudes enable you to answer "yes" to most of the questions below?
- Aside from delivering the highest level of quality and service, can you connect with each and every guest? Can you appreciate each person for who they are? Do you possess compassion, patience and an unwavering sense of humor?
- Do you possess superb people skills? Do you have a dynamic personality? Are you comfortable carrying on conversations with individuals from all walks of life? Are you able to read social cues and adapt your presentation naturally and easily? Are you confident, caring, warm and friendly? Do you have a zest for life?
- Are you good at anticipating, troubleshooting and solving challenging problems? Can you think on your feet? Can you stay focused on details while never losing sight of the big picture?
- Do you have in-depth knowledge of any of our regional destinations and/or cultural activities—art, natural and cultural history, food and wine, or other expertise?
- Can you sustain energy and motivation through long days and myriad (sometimes unglamorous) tasks? Are you capable of lifting bikes and luggage?
- Are you passionate about—and experienced in—active traveling and the outdoors? Are you capable of hiking or biking for long periods of time, and do those activities actually bring you joy?
- Would leading an epic biking trip be eagerly anticipated and come naturally to you? Perhaps you even possess solid bike mechanic skills and can 'talk the talk' with the most seasoned of riders?
- Can you appreciate the elegance of dining in a 16th-century château as well as sleeping beneath the stars? Do you possess a love for the beauty of the natural and cultural world?
- Do you speak other languages fluently? (If you're interested in working outside North America, Italian, French, Spanish and German are extremely desirable, but language skills for any of our destinations are helpful.) If you are a non-native English speaker, do you speak English fluently?
- Do you have a valid driver's license and an excellent driving record? Are you mechanically inclined?
- If you're interested in leading in Europe, can you confidently drive a manual transmission van, pulling a trailer, with guests in the vehicle with you?
- Are you over 21 years of age? (If not, please see our Camp Assistant position for more information. Note: for U.S./Canadian employees only.)
- Are you flexible in your approach to taking on all roles that a Backroads leader might do?
- Are you ready for one of the most challenging jobs you'll likely ever have? Are you ready to love what you do?
Position Type: Seasonal
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: None
Job Application Web Site: http://www.backroads.com/leaders