The Position: Senior Purchasing Agent
This position as a Senior Purchasing Agent begins status as “Introductory Employee” for 90 consecutive days during which time the Controller will evaluate whether the employee is suited for the position. If the employee is determined to be suitable for the job, status will then advance to "Regular Employee" on the first of the month following the 90 day introductory period. Company benefits will then commence. Salary will depend on experience.
Responsible for reviewing material needs of the organization and maintaining contact with vendor and sales representatives to obtain the most favorable price for products that meet the organization’s specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Review and/or prepare requisitions, orders, or other documents for purchasing or requisitioning new or additional stock items.
· Responsible for classification of vendors and maintain prioritized by size. Identify potential consolidation of vendors and review of new vendors for those whom are not performing to the necessary standards.
· Handle non-disclosure agreements to protect confidential company information and drawings.
· Research new vendors for better pricing in addition to locating new vendors for single sourced parts.
· Maintain inventory at its lowest level possible without causing shortages or delays to production or parts orders.
· Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
· Supervise and mentor purchasing staff.
· Assist in rating suppliers and corrective actions for quality or delivery problems.
· Review historical trends of tooling usage and determine appropriate stocking levels.
· Consolidate Vendor usage to obtain volume discounts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Strong negotiating skills are a must.
· Proven experience in sourcing, negotiation, and developing cost saving.
· Strong analytical skills to conduct studies requiring information gathering, assessment, evaluation and reporting.
· Ability to communicate and interact professionally with suppliers.
· Must be a self starter and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Must be able to interpret drawings, product specifications and prints.
- Must have an understanding of the shooting sports industry.
- APICS certification a plus
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree related to business management or, at minimum, 7 years of hands on experience in purchasing or related fields.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: No
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years