The Position: Director of Sales- West
Direct the business development and distribution strategies to support Timberland’s revenue objectives for the Independent channel within the Central and Western US.
1. Develop and manage effective working relationships with key accounts. % of Time Involved: 25%
2. Recruit, train and lead a field-based sales team which includes six Account Executives. % of Time Involved: 25%
3. Manage markdown and return budgets for assigned responsibility and coordinate issues with credit, traffic routing, information systems and customer service. % of Time Involved: 20%
4. Actively assist in the product creation process in order to optimize distribution gains and performance of key product initiatives. % of Time Involved: 10%
5. Create a solid partnership with Sales Planning to ensure achievement of volume and key service level metrics. % of Time Involved: 10%
6. Work with Marketing organization to execute strategic marketing programs within region. % of Time Involved: 10%
-Years of Related Professional Experience: 10 years working in a footwear, apparel or similar sales environment. Minimum of 5 years managing team(s) of diverse and highly motivated sales individuals.
-Educational/Position Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
-IT Skills: Basic computer skills, Microsoft Word, Excel
-Languages: English -Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements: Must have solid business planning skills, strong management skills, solid retail math and planning skills, extensive sales and marketing experience, analytical thinker and the ability to travel extensively.
-Travel Required: 50-70% including Domestic, Air and Overnight
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 10+ years
Job Application Web Site: http://www.timberland.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=4039621&locale=en_US&language=en