The Position: The North Face: Director, Sales (East)
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
As a member of The North Face sales team, this position provides leadership and vision to maximize sales and profitability of strategic national accounts. Provides dynamic, visible and inspirational leadership to positively impact business initiatives, direction, and vision for team and peers. Brings a track record in managing a successful business and proven experience in strategic sales, business planning, and merchandising. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Responsible for driving the wholesale sales for strategic national accounts including the department store channel.Responsible for analyzing current business and forecasting future growth, at a detailed level. Assists with the strategic planning process for the US wholesale business.
2. Manages preseason sales plan and implementation (season objectives, sales meeting, major account appointments, major account negotiations)
3. Manages preseason order book (monitor and review account and division plans, deal sheets, discount percent management, DTAF, SMU)
4. Oversees or monitor the shipment of seasonal order book, specifically pre-season, bulk, reorder and closeout order types
5. Assists in establishing proactive selling strategies to address the technical superiority of each product line, emphasizing channel specific product for this varied group of accounts 6. Manages all aspects of the business relationship with current and prospective dealers including distribution, marketing and promotional needs.
7. Provides product and sales input to direct future product development.
8. Maximizes category presence among current distribution channels while identifying new market and product segments to foster future sales growth.
9. Oversees or monitors the shipment of seasonal order book, specifically pre-season, bulk, reorder and closeout order types.
10. Assists with documentation and negotiation of key accounts vendor compliance agreements. Oversees vendor compliance, documentation and negotiation for accounts and territories.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+.
BA or BS degree in Marketing, Business or related field 8+ years relevant experience in Outdoor Market Experience in managing a diverse and creative group of individuals and leading change. Must have experience working with product development and product merchandising.
Strong Outdoor Industry Sales experience is a plus.
Must possess ability to bring market input to product development process with ability to drive marketable product.
Demonstrated ability to work with and inspire a broad range of individuals to work toward a common goal.
Must have a track record in re-establishing procedures, implementing key sales initiatives and executing processes.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 7-10 years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/tnfexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=THE001FK