Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work and outdoor footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us. It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors who do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
We are looking for Senior Product Developer to be responsible for implementing the brands design intent into commercializable products.
As a Senior Product Developer you have an insatiable curiosity and desire to deliver outstanding, innovative product. You have an active imagination and create solutions to problems from your collective experience and of those around you. You thrive in a small, collaborative team where your experience and personality are allowed to shine. You are known for rolling up your sleeves, being a craftsman, having a discerning eye and an unwavering work ethic. Continual improvement and distaste for status quo are built into your DNA. You work easily with people across a cultural spectrum, are a relationship builder and earn respect through your passion and commitment to your work. You are decisive, diplomatic and articulate in your communication. You are undaunted by complex projects and are an effective project manager. You have a deep knowledge of footwear manufacturing and development cycles, yet thirst for a deeper understanding. You are passionate about being outside and want to work in an environment with others who share that passion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with the product team to identify unique concepts and technologies that support the brands vision.
• Build a solid story for product concepts through market research and competitive analysis.
• Guide/collaborate with product designers through all design phases and color ideation
• Develop a strong working relationship with our factory development teams to execute design on time and to cost targets.
• Effectively communicate design intent to the factory development teams at the beginning of each season.
• Communicate directly with PDM and design to assure critical timeline dates are met.
• Push factory teams toward innovating construction and process to deliver superior product at competitive costs.
• Be an active problem solver and critical thinker.
• Actively pursue best practices and continual process improvements.
• Present the new product assortment and technical feature information to internal and external customers.
• Actively research industry publications and blogs to be aware of immerging trends that will affect the brand.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
• Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing quality system standards (ISO).
• Uphold Vasque/Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
• Travel internationally and domestically as an ambassador for the brand and its products.
• Conduct self according to RWSC policies/Handbook.
Internal: Vasque Brand management, administrative and sales staff; Executive Team; Customer Service, Purchasing; Logistics; Warehousing; Marketing Services (all areas); Quality Assurance; Finance; Accessories; Holding Company
External: Vasque Dealer Network and Distributors; Consumers; Agents; Vendors; Attorneys; and Media.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A/B.S) from four-year college or university and seven to ten years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s degree (M.A./M.S./M.B.A.) is preferred.
• Five to seven years of experience in product development environment.
• Two to three years of retail experience in the outdoor industry or footwear industry.
• Demonstrated background in color and fabric selection for consumer products.
• Broad knowledge of footwear manufacturing
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated team building and/or leadership success
• Demonstrated participation in successful product launch
• Good written and oral communication
• Passion for outdoor activities such as trail running, hiking, climbing, skiing etc.
• Knowledge of competition set for Vasque
• PC skills and knowledge of RWSC PC software
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
Passport, Valid Drivers License
Occasional light to strenuous hiking, backpacking, trail running, and/or ice climbing for market research and/or product testing.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.