Fit…It’s important in the shoes we make and in the people we hire. We have a long tradition (100 + years!) of making the most comfortable work and outdoor footwear. We’re poised for increased growth and we’re searching for some of the most talented professionals who will walk the exciting road with us. It’s entrepreneurial spirit that started Red Wing Shoe Company and that same spirit spills out from our offices and facilities every day. We respect where we started and embrace new ideas that make us competitive in a global economy. We like to think outside the (shoe) box and value ideas and contributors who do the same. Is it time to try on something bigger where you'll have some room to grow?
Try this on for size:
We are looking for a Project Leader to Coordinate and lead in planning and communicating the activities of multi-functional team members assigned to product development projects for all brands, ensuring they are reliably completed on time, within cost targets and meet the quality standards of Red Wing Shoe Company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop plans for required activities for multiple product development projects, schedule the projects considering the impact of other projects on which others are working and manage critical path activities, ensuring procedures and documents comply with the requirements of the project and the quality system. Take ownership of all assigned projects and utilize initiative to complete projects / resolve any issues with assigned. (50%)
• Monitor and report project performance to plan, including cost targets and design intent, identifying potential roadblocks and bottlenecks; facilitate design reviews of project deliverables at critical points in the project (see QSP-043 and –044). (30%)
• Manage team dynamics and communication of team activities and performance. (20%)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform internal audits of project plans and master product files.
• Recommend improvements to the Product Development Process.
• Execute fiscal responsibility within established departmental budgets, in accordance with Central Purchasing Policies.
• Obtain necessary information by maintaining knowledge of RWSC’s electronic communication software.
• Maintain quality service by establishing, following, and enforcing organization quality system standards.
• Uphold Red Wing Shoe Company’s core values.
• Complete other duties as assigned from time to time by your manager.
• Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, classes or programs.
• Conduct self according to RWSC policies and Employee Handbook.
Internal: Project Teams, Quality Department, Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, Materials Management, Business Units, Accounting and Design Review Committee.
External: All RWSC Customers, suppliers, distributors, contract manufacturers, and representatives.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and zero to two years related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES OR KNOWLEDGE
Team building experience, analytical and problem solving skills, good organization, verbal, written and communication skills, ability to manage multiple projects/tasks/requests under deadline conditions and time management skills required. Knowledge of project management techniques and project tracking tools (e.g. development and use of PERT and GANTT charts, critical path activity management, etc.) and software, such as Microsoft Project and Access highly desired. Experience working in ISO9001 environment preferred.
Majority of the time is spent preparing reports and communications and developing plans on the PC and in meetings.
The Tech Center is an open office design that provides a stimulating work environment that allows Project Teams and Team Resources to interact and collaborate freely with varying levels of activity and disruption.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.