|Job Title: ||Ski/ Snowboard & Camping Buyer
|Industry Sector: ||Action, Other, Outdoor, Snow
|Job Categories: ||Merchandising
Retail - Sales
| Contact Information
Address: 3070 Shaffer St, SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
Company Phone: 616-942-2600
Web Site: http://www.mcsports.com
The Position: Ski/ Snowboard & Camping Buyer
Our Merchandising Department is searching for a Buyer with responsibility for purchasing and managing inventory for the Ski/Snowboard and Camping Categories. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing a strong understanding of the sporting goods industry, MC Sports’ business model, vendor partners, and customer base.
- Responsible for achieving sales, gross margin, and turn to Open-to-Buy Plan
- Establishes and maintains a strong working relationship with all vendors while negotiating to achieve profitability goals.
- Forecasts inventory needs based on category trends, company growth, & customer demand.
- Communicate and work cross-functionally with the merchandising, planning & allocation, and advertising departments.
- Mentor, lead, and develop subordinates.
- Manages replenishment deliveries based on merchandising and logistic needs.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of category trends, competitors, consumer preferences and demographics, as well as, other relevant data to anticipate consumer demand and drive product, program and assortment planning.
Core Competencies needed:
- Delivers Truly Outstanding Customer Service
- Demonstrates MC SPORTS Values
- High Integrity
- A Commitment to Continuous Improvement within the business & yourself
Critical Skills & Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in business; or 2-4 years buying experience (or the equivalent combination of education and professional experience).
- Proficiency in MSOffice & Google packages (JDA MMS helpful).
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, business savvy, creativity, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional negotiation skills.
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills.
MC SPORTS rewards our associates through a competitive compensation package, including generous bonus/incentive plans; excellent medical, dental, optical, life/ long-term disability benefits; many voluntary benefits; 401(K) with a generous company match; vacation/ personal days; and paid training.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years
Contact Name: Sue Potts
Job Application Web Site: http://www.careermatrix.com/mcsports/
Direct Phone: 616-942-2600