|Job Title: ||The North Face: Director, Brand Marketing
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Design - Graphic
Management - Team
| Contact Information
Company Phone: 510-814-7600
The Position: The North Face: Director, Brand Marketing
At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for driving integrated marketing programs that create demand for The North Face products, establish brand credibility and accelerate growth across all product categories. This role is responsible for leading a team of brand managers in the development and implementation of both long range and seasonal strategic marketing plans and initiatives in partnership with TNF’s product teams. This is a full time, exempt level position. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
1. Drive Marketing initiatives by ABM platform throughout PLM and GTM process ensuring Marketing and Product Team alignment.
2. Define seasonal marketing initiatives that support corporate, product and business initiatives. Develop and implement seasonal marketing plans by ABM platform.
3. Maintain and evolve The North Face Brand Standards and Architecture to ensure consistent brand identity. 4. Partner with Digital Marketing to ensure CRM and on-line marketing is driving traffic and conversion. Adopt and enrich marketing plans through consumer insights.
5. Work closely with cross functional partners to support new product initiatives and identify outdoor trends and opportunities for growth.
6. Identify key market trends and develop recommendations to enhance TNF’s position.
7. Lead Brand Managers to ensure a consistent brand presentation across all corporate touch points and marketing programs. 8. Integrate marketing research into marketing program development and execution. Partner with product teams to clearly define end user profiles and key activities by ABM platform.
9. Manage the annual media budget, media plans, messaging, advertising, email communications, promotions and signage across the ABM platforms.
10. Develop and direct The North Face Trademarks and Patents. Work closely with Brand Marketing Managers to ensure product and technology names, brand marks and logos and other trademark issues are executed within the communicated timelines and in accordance with The North Face brand standards.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+.
This role requires a BA or BS degree in Business, Marketing or related field of study and 10+ years of progressive marketing experience, preferably in the outdoor or related industry. An MBA is preferred. Experience leading marketing teams in a fast paced, high volume environment and managing a budget of $20M + is critical.
Proven leadership abilities.
Experience in leading marketing teams and processes.
Proven success in creating and delivering strategic marketing initiatives.
Ability to successfully manage complex projects.
Proven skills in managing agency/vendor partners, including negotiating and managing fees and directing/evaluating brand communications campaigns.
Analytical, strategic and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
Proven ability to innovate and foster innovation in others.
Drive for operational results including budgets, timelines and efficiencies.
May be required to travel as necessary.
Job Location: Alameda, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 10+ years
Job Application Web Site: https://vfc.taleo.net/careersection/tnfexternal/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=THE001E6