The Position: Senior Product Manager - Consumer
Senior Product Manager
The Precor mission is to provide high quality, carefully designed fitness equipment and services to people who value superior performance. The Senior Product Manager supports this mission by identifying, delivering and managing a growing line of products for consumer and commercial customers around the globe. This individual will play a key role in identifying both the short- and long-term product development strategies for specific product portfolios. He/she will represent the voice of the customer and consumer to the cross-functional team and will help crystallize product benefit messaging and selling stories. He/she will create a pipeline of new products and product enhancements along with business plans to support the product plans.
SCOPE OF POSITION
Individual reports directly to the Director of Product Management. This position involves a high degree of interface with other departments including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Finance and Operations. This role also requires a high degree of interface with retailers and end users. The individual will be responsible for the analysis of data to help influence the development of products and identify market drivers and future growth areas, including development road maps in support of company objectives. Activities include coordinating market research, product, pricing and distribution strategies, market and competitive analysis, etc.
- Working cross functionally to drive and support new product development
- Developing and executing Precor’s product strategy. Enhancing the Precor branded user experience
- Identifying trends and opportunities that will guide the business agenda
- Generating customer insights that drive product and marketing strategies
- Identifying strategic partners and resources
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Arts or Science Required. MBA a plus
- 5+ years product management experience in durable goods.
2. Previous experience in the fitness industry a plus but not required.
- 3. Previous experience in channel marketing desirable.
- 4. Experience interfacing with sales team desirable.
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
- Position to be filled in Woodinville, WA, at the site of corporate headquarters.
- 2. Requires travel to customer locations and tradeshows. (10-20% of time)
- Strong leadership skills and drive for results.
- Strong strategic planning.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well (both orally and written) with a wide variety of people, both internally and externally, developing strong working relationships and winning through influence.
Solid analytic skills and creative problem solving.
5. Strong conflict resolution.
- Passion for product and brand
- Passion for exercise and healthy lifestyle.
Founded in 1980, Seattle-based Precor is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Arc'Teryx.
For more than 30 years, Precor has been inspiring people to live a life in motion. Precor world headquarters are located in Woodinville, WA with additional domestic operations in Whitsett, North Carolina.
Precor is the #1 supplier of fitness equipment to many of the world's biggest fitness chains, including 24 Hour Fitness, Gold's Gym, Anytime Fitness, and YMCA. Precor is also a preferred fitness equipment supplier to Hilton Hotels worldwide.
With a vision to be the world's most recognized and respected brand in health and fitness, Precor manufactures and sells premium fitness equipment for the home and commercial environment, including:
- Cardio Equipment, e.g. Ellipticals (EFX®), Treadmills, the Adaptive Motion Trainer® (AMT®) and Bikes
- Strength Training Systems
- Fitness Entertainment Products (e.g. Personal Viewing Screens (PVS), Audio Transmitters/Receivers)
- Network Fitness
Why You Should Join the Precor Team
- Dynamic forward thinking company leading the industry in product innovation
- Rewards and recognition for superior performance
- Collaborative environment fostering teamwork and accountability
- Opportunity to work for a company that positively impacts people's lives
- Exceptional benefits program including profit sharing, generous 401(k) match, and free on-site gym access
- Superior employee discounts on Precor and other Amer Sports Corporation brand products
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years