The Position: Regional Account Manager
REGIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Manages customer accounts, develops territory sales plans, manages contracted sales representatives and is responsible for assisting the Vice President in day to day sales department activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for fully managing a defined geographic sales territory. Functions include but are not limited to;
1. Responsible for working to attain sales goals, monitor trends, and provide territory analysis, and timely reporting on all relevant accounts.
2. Develops and delivers sales presentations within the territory. Is directly involvedin preparing programs and packages for the applicable individual retail accounts.
3. Responsible for the communications and sales efforts with the sales reps concerning promotions, product introductions, samples, and sales calls while maintaining and ensuring timeliness on all aforementioned.
4. Responsible for the sales presentation packages for applicable trade shows. Works to prepare for Buying Group, Distributor and National Shows and coordinates show materials, exhibition booths and products.
5. Acts as the liaison between the representatives and the Vice President in communicating the various sales efforts and information that comes from the territory.
This position requires a significant amount of overnight travel.
Conforms with all safety rules, uses appropriate safety equipment, and uses sound judgment in determining how to perform each task safely.
Needs to be self-motivated, recognize the tasks that need to be completed and perform those tasks. Occasionally responsible for determining procedures by which work is to be done and for deciding which work will be done by whom, and finally on occasion may over see the Show Shipper.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in liberal arts, business/communications is desired. Two or more years of sales experience is required. Attributes would include a retail background, first hand hunting experience and a working knowledge of the Hunting Industry. This position requires six to twelve months of on the job training in all aspects of the job.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
business conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions
in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Qualified candidates please send resume & salary history/requirements to: Hunter’s Specialties, Inc., 6000 Huntington Ct. NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402, Attn: HR, Fax: 319-395-0326 or email: