|Job Title: ||Apparel Product Development Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Bike
|Job Categories: ||Design - Apparel
The Position: Apparel Product Development Manager
Pearl Izumi USA
Product Development Manager - Apparel
The primary focus of the Product Development Manager is to drive the product development process and lead the team of product developers. The PDM acts as a developer/manager and is also responsible for taking products from a 2D design to a 3D commercialized product. The PDM is ultimately responsible for all aspects of leading the Product Development team in the product development process.
Coordination of the product development process is performed by:
- Meeting calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time.
- Maintain gross profit goals by working with teams to plan and control item costs.
- Meeting design, function and quality goals as outlined in the brief and design package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsibility and ownership of the product creation process from design hand off to size run ready for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the operating calendar.
- Complete management, creation and revision responsibilities of specifications for assigned styles as needed.
- Attend and monitor fit of prototypes as needed for quality, execution, construction and fit and provide information to factories in order to make necessary changes clear and organized.
- Use of discretion and judgment when making decisions during the product management process from inception through completion.
- Working with patternmaker and sample sewers for rapid prototyping
- Use of Adobe Illustrator and PLM system to update and maintains specifications
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Product Line Managers, Designers, Materials/Sourcing team, Quality Control and Operations in order to ensure product success
- Acting as a leader, mentor and visionary for the product development team.
- Management of the corporate calendar and timeline process and ensuring that the product team is meeting the required deadlines with accuracy and efficiency
- Management of all direct reports and administrative responsibilities relating to direct reports
- Creating a strategy with/for the product development team and leading them through the execution of the strategy
Process and Innovation
- Constant evaluation and evolution of the product development process through education of employees and process change.
- Problem solving to bring innovative designs and new constructions to fruition
- Regular cooperation with the product line managers to deliver product that meets all goals for the different categories
- Regular meetings with Sr. Development Mgr as well as other leaders within the organization to identify and strategies on areas needing continued improvement.
- Ensure that new projects are engineered in accordance with cost targets and secure viable FOB cost
- Input on budget and track and maintain adherence to set financial plans
- Bachelors Degree required.
- Mastery of design and development process from inception through production
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers in apparel development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including meeting facilitation and process implementation
- Demonstration of a high level of organization in the product development process