The Position: Marketing and Membership Manager
The Colorado Mountain Club Marketing & Membership Manager
Posting May 20, 2013
Open until filled; preference will be given to applications received before June 3, 2013
Please submit all application materials to Brenda Porter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
Subject line: Marketing and Membership Manager
Primary function: The Marketing & Membership Manager is responsible for developing and implementing the annual marketing plan to support the Colorado Mountain Club’s mission to improve people’s lives through education, conservation and recreation in our magnificent mountains.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Design, implement, and evaluate the annual marketing plan to support key operational goals, including: Membership growth, membership retention, public participation in CMC events, as well as a heightened awareness of the CMC. Manage the CMC’s brand identity across departments and statewide chapters.
Oversee all public relations including strategy, relationship management, and message placement specifically when marketing events and Adventure Travel.
Outreach & Events
Coordinate communication, promotion, design and planning on all CMC State sponsored outreach, events, and Adventure Travel. Prepare outreach and event marketing materials for Chapter regional outreach events.
Design CMC marketing materials for print and electronic use for CMC Departments and CMC Chapters using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
Maintain current information on the CMC website for departments, State-wide Chapters, and the CMC membership. Systematically keep up-to-date while working with CMC website contractors to ensure necessary updates take place.
Supervise Membership Services Department
Hire, train, supervise 1.5 FTE membership services staff.
Support Adventure Travel Committee
Work with the Adventure Travel Committee volunteers to effectively brand and market the CMc Adventure Travel program.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
• Experience overseeing and executing the design and production of print materials and publications with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Computer literacy in word processing, data base management, and content management system websites.
• Experience with email marketing clients such as MyEmma.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
• Out-of-town, overnight travel and some weekend and evenings required.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
• Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred.
• Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
Great work environment at the American Mountaineering Center. Benefit package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Simple IRA Retirement Plan, Additional Paid Time Off, flexible work schedule.
Please submit the following portfolio pieces in a single PDF in addition to your cover letter and resume (or supply a link to your online portfolio):
1. One creative writing sample or newsletter writing piece
2. One published press release example
3. An example(s) of ROI tracking
4. A design example(s) you created and used in advertising
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Willing to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Minimum Experience Required: 5-7 years