The Position: Customs Specialist
Wanted – Reliable, self-motivated individual with ability to manage complex custom processes to determine requirements for import of goods and methods for reducing taxes. Reviews paperwork for goods which will go through customs, and ensure goods meet regulatory requirements.
The Customs Specialist oversees and directs customs activities for the company. He/she will interface with other Jarden Technical Apparel (JTA) brands including: Marmot, ExOfficio and Marker to ensure the consistency of customs requirements across divisions.
Customs Specialist manages complex process to determine custom requirements for import of goods and methods for reducing taxes, answer questions about requirements and regulations for import of goods.
· Actively manage customs broker - including setting and monitorin performance standards
· Ensure US customs compliance
· Oversees daily operation of import transactions
· Supports customs compliance activity, including program development, deployment and compliance monitoring
· Ability to identify, research and analyze compliance issues
· Develop, interpret and implement customs policies and processes
· Leadership and support with customs audits
· Develops binding customs classification ruling requests when required
· Supports customs duty savings initiatives via duty drawback, chapter 99 and HTS reclassification through binding rulings
WORK EXPERIENCE AND JOB COMPETENCIES:
3-4 years managing an import compliance program or working in a customs brokerage capacity Customs broker license or working towards obtaining the license a plus. Technical customs work (NAFTA, HTS classification, binding rulings, duty drawback) also desirable. Work experience in MS office knowledge required.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401k match, paid vacation and sick time. We offer a casual work environment and the opportunity to participate in company sponsored recreational events.
Qualified candidates please send resume & salary history/requirements to: Marmot Mountain, 5789 State Farm Dr., Ste 100, Rohnert Park, CA 94928, Attn: Customs HR, Fax: 707-544-1344 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org: (subject line: Customs). Only potential candidates will be contacted. All resumes will remain confidential. Marmot is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Division of Jarden Corporation. Please no phone calls. Thank you. www.marmot.com
Job Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate: No
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 3-5 years
Job Application Web Site: http://www.marmot.com