The Position: Product Designer
Simms Fishing, a leading manufacturer in the Fishing industry, is looking for a multi-disciplinary product designer to join the product design team. The position requires an exceptionally creative and focused individual, who can work as part of a team to produce designs, from concept through to production. This product mastermind should have experience with a wide variety of product categories and constructions, as well as be confident in collaborating with others.
Knowledge of materials, innovative construction and function-based design is essential. Experience may include, but not be limited to footwear, packs, outerwear and equipment. A knowledge for fishing and passion for the sport is necessary, or at least the openness to immerse themselves and learn.
This designer must be able to push the limits of these categories, while designing to a brief, while always keeping brand direction in mind. A high level of creativity and innovation is necessary, as well as intense problem solving abilities concerning function.
• Serious, A-game creative skill.
• 4-6 years of professional product, soft goods or equipment experience
• Strong drafting skills, and the ability to convey multiple concepts efficiently within deadlines
• Expert knowledge of design related software in a Mac environment: PhotoShop, Illustrator and also hand rendering a must.
• A strong knowledge of materials, fabrications and production techniques pertaining the outdoor equipment and apparel
• Experience in taking product from a sketch to reality, and cost engineering such products
• Deadline oriented, Excellent communication ability and organizational skills
• Self motivation, organization, and the ability to excel both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
• A great portfolio showcasing your experience
• Contact Name: Cheri Decker
Direct Phone: 406-922-1246