The Position: Executive Director, Boulder B-Cycle
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, BOULDER B-CYCLE
The Organization. Located in downtown Boulder, Colorado, Boulder B-Cycle is an early stage community bike share program. Boulder B-Cycle was formed as a public/private partnership and has served residents of the City of Boulder, its visitors, and daily commuters from neighboring communities since early 2011. Boulder B-Cycle is a 501(c)(3) corporation.
The Position: Executive Director. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for the general management of Boulder B-Cycle, and will provide leadership in financial development, planning and program implementation. This includes preparation and implementation of a strategic business plan, creating and retaining revenue streams from grants, sponsorships and memberships, and leading the organization to meet and exceed its goals. We seek a highly-motivated, goal-oriented candidate with excellent leadership skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The successful candidate will demonstrate clear and effective communication skills, be comfortable in community outreach, and have the ability to grow the Boulder bike share program to be financially self-sustaining.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develop and implement a strategic business plan, including both long-term sustainability strategies and annual financial and operational metrics.
· Financial development, including establishing revenue strategies, identifying and developing private and public funding sources, writing grant applications, negotiating and closing deals with prospective partners and sponsors, and managing and nurturing relationships with existing partners, sponsors, and funding organizations.
· Community engagement through effective and strategic marketing, proactive communication, and planning community events directed to potential partners and the general public, to assure the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image.
· Manage, mentor and collaborate with Boulder B-Cycle staff and volunteers to obtain and achieve their highest abilities to promote the operational, financial and strategic goals of the organization.
· Board administration and support, including providing accurate and intelligent financial and business reports on a monthly basis.
· Outstanding management skills, including the ability to direct, motivate and enable staff.
· Proven business strategist who also possesses sharp tactical skills to implement a strategic plan.
· Proven experience in financial management.
· Experience in marketing, communications, urban planning, or related field is a plus but not required.
· Demonstrated comfort and effectiveness in an entrepreneurial environment.
· Experience facilitating public processes or collaborations with governmental entities.
· Political and geographical familiarity with Boulder County.
· Excellent negotiating skills.
· Proven ability to deliver actual revenues at or above agreed targets.
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Country: United States
Job seekers must live within: 25 miles
Required to Relocate: Yes
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: 5-7 years
Contact Name: Terry Malouf